The Newcastle Printmakers Workshop Inc is a community based group of printmakers who work in a variety of printmaking media.
Established in 1979 as a non-profit organization its aims are to:
– Provide access to equipment and workshop space for the benefit of practicing artists, students, ex-students and beginners.
– Develop a public awareness of printmaking, particularly with regards to distinguishing between an original print and a reproduction.
– Arrange classes in the techniques of printmaking.
– Workshop facilities include:
– A large workshop with two etching presses
– Drying racks
– A lithography press and preparation area
– Ultra violet exposure facility
– Light box
– Hot plate
– Spacious preparation and printing areas
– Kitchen and toilet facilities.
WORKSHOP OPEN TUESDAYS
The workshop is open every Tuesday during school terms. A member will be there during this time. This is an opportunity for new members to be taken through workshop procedures, to show potential members the workshop space and to provide access to the workshop for members without keys. All members are welcome!
When: Every Tuesday during school term time.
Time: 10am – 2pm
Hours: Daily for workshop members.
Workshops: Weekend workshops organised throughout the year on Saturdays and Wednesday evenings.
Eligibility: University Students and members of the public; teenagers supervised.
Public Transport: Close to Bus (Glebe Road).