Creative Access Guide available now
The Creative Access Guide is an initiative of Octapod with support from the City of Newcastle. Through its Creative Access Program, Octapod seeks to support artists with disability and mental illness to develop their skills as well as support the development of inclusive arts programs and models.
The Creative Access Guide is a resource that supports inclusion in the arts for people with disability.
- A person with a disability or mental illness who wants more choice and better access to mainstream arts experiences?
- An artist with a disability or mental illness looking for accessible studios, venues and arts programs where you feel included?
- A carer or support person for someone with a disability or mental illness who would like to know more about how to participate in the Hunter region’s diverse arts community?
- A disability organisation that would like to deliver arts projects involving artists with disability that focus on art making, not disability? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions and live or work in the Hunter region, then this Guide can help you…
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions and live or work in the Hunter region, then this Guide can help you…
- Find an artist who has experience working with people with disability and mental illness.
- Find a community of like-minded people interested in supporting participation in the arts by people with disability, and
- Access mainstream arts activities in the Hunter region.
You can download Octapod’s Creative Access Guide here: Creative_Access_Guide. If you would like a copy of this document in a word format, please email email@example.com or call 0415 699 227.
You can find out more about Octapod’s Creative Access Program here.