Volunteer and Student Placements available now
Getting involved with Octapod as a volunteer or student on placement is a great way to build your skills in the creative industries. We try to match your interests with what needs to be done.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OR STUDENT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
THIS IS NOT ART (TINA)
- General Festival Assistant – provide logistical and administrative support to the Festival Directors. Varied tasks ranging from updating social media, reviewing events at TiNA, developing an online survey, preparing contracts, etc. Would suit anyone interested in arts admin.
- Research Assistant – Research festival funding models with a view to helping Octapod to diversifying its income streams. Would suit someone with business savvy and an appreciation of the value of community based arts activities.
- Curator – Be part of a team, curating an annual exhibition and education program. Take on one exhibition or two. Would suit anyone with a background or passion for Fine Arts.
- Research Officer – Create ‘Octapod timeline’ for website – showcasing project highlights/archive for each year. We’re thinking something interactive. This is a chance to get creative. Would suit someone with strong research and multimedia skills.
- Research Officer – Research cultural mapping projects and apply that to the Hunter, building on the existing database contained on culturehunter.org.
CREATIVE ACCESS PROGRAM
- Access Assistant – work alongside Octapod’s Access Officer to deliver our Creative Access Program. Great opportunity to get involved with the development of new models to support career development for artists with disability. Would suit someone interested in event management.
All volunteers and students receive a formal induction as well as ongoing support and supervision from staff.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
If you are interested in getting involved with Octapod as a volunteer or student, please email your CV to Christina Robberds, Octapod Director via email@example.com and outline which position you are interested in and why you would like to get involved with Octapod.
Contact us for more information.