This Is Not Art is upon us. Are you ready?
The Octapod is alive and bustling with T.I.N.A volunteers, festival coordinators and frantic zine makers asking for long arm staplers. This Is Not Art is on the cusp of kicking off and fingers crossed the programs will arrive at the door any moment. It’s nail biting stuff.
So what do you need to do to prepare yourself for the onslaught of panels, workshops and frivolity?
First of all, please accept Octopod’s heartfelt invitation the following grand event.
This Is Not Art Official Opening Night
The Great Northern Hotel
Featuring local Newcastle bands Little Dottie and A Dire Dawn, Hip hop artists Old Men of Moss Mountain and Katoomba’s category-defying Swingtanic Sextet. Newcastle DJ Gashpower will take us through to the small hours with a powerful line-up of girly beats.
Come along and enjoy a glass of your favourite beverage, listen to the Lord Mayor John Tate and other speakers share their T.I.N.A praises and then dance the night away with some of Newcastle’s finest talent.
Secondly, we have prepared a handy T.I.N.A checklist to help you stroll into the festival vibe on an even keel.
- Download the T.I.N.A program at http://thisisnotart.org/ or pick up a free printed version from any of the venues.
- Download the festival map at http://thisisnotart.org/ , the map is found after clicking on the program link.
- Do you or your friends need accommodation? Go to http://thisisnotart.org/travel-and-stay/aunty-jennys-tent-city-campground/
- Attend the This Is Not Art Sunday Fair. For all the details go to http://thisisnotart.org/2011/09/927/
- Rummage through your old photos to see if you can find any shots of past T.I.N.A’s for the SHOOT TINA project. If you have some great images, video, writing or recollections you’re prepared to share about TINA we’d love to see what you’ve got. Go to https://www.facebook.com/shootTINA?sk=info for more info.
- Attend the JUMP mentoring info session. Are you a young Australian artist on the cusp of a great career? You’re producing excellent work in your art form, and know where you’re headed – but do you have the expert advice to match? JUMP can make sure that you do. Friday 30 Sept, 4.30pm – 5.30pm. Renew Newcastle Church, 3 Morgan Street, Newcastle.http://carriageworks.tumblr.com/post/10424420449/jump-newcastle-info-session-friday-30-sept
So check your checklist, don your finest festy wares, take a deep breath and head on into a long weekend of This is Not Art, one of Australia’s leading independent arts festivals.